26 Broadway Parade
This pub is a grade II* listed building and is on CAMRA's National Inventory of Pub Interiors of Outstanding Historic Interest.
The Queens was built by developer, John Cathles Hill, in 1899-1902 and has served as a pub and hotel. John Cathles Hill was also responsible for building another fine pub nearby, The Salisbury in Harringay.
Enter through the doors of this corner situated pub and you should notice the mosaic floor that includes the monogram of Mr Hill and Q, which stands for Queen's.
The pub features a large servery at the heart of the pub, around which are a number of rooms and compartments, some of which are divided by screens.
Look out for the detailed plaster friezes and ceilings, and for the Art Nouveau-style windows.
The pub underwent a largely sensitive refurbishment in 2001-2002, although a cutting was made to open the screen.
The Queens featured on Daytime Crawl of Hornsey in September 2001, the Racing, Railways and Prime Ministers: Daytime Crawl of Wood Green, Hornsey, Crouch End, Finsbury Park and Harringay in June 2009, and the Queens, Earls and Tories: Daytime Crawl of Hornsey, Crouch End, Crouch Hill and Harringay in February 2014.