Black LionThe Black Lion
274 Kilburn High Road
The Black Lion is a grade II* listed building and is on CAMRA’s National Inventory of Pub Interiors of Outstanding Historic Interest. Built in 1898 by the architect, RA Lewcock.
Look out for the following features: - Four copper relief panels depicting 18th-century scenes of the pub - A superbly ornate Florentine frieze is present in both main rooms - A lavishly decorated ceiling - Original bar back - Fine etched windows on the side of the pub but not, sadly, the front
The restaurant, on the right side of the pub, would originally have been a music room.
In 2003, the pub was rescued from a certain amount of neglect and brought back to life.
The Black Lion featured on Daytime Crawl of NW London and Maida Vale in October 2006, and Kilburn and the High Roads: Daytime Crawl of Cricklewood, Brondesbury and Kilburn in October 2014.