10a Strathearn Place
The Victoria is a grade II listed building and on CAMRA’s National Inventory of Pub Interiors of Outstanding Historic Interest.
The Victoria appears to date from 1864 as suggested by the date on the clock in the fitting of the bar-back.
The impressive features of the pub include:
- Large mirrors on the side wall that have intricate gilding, coloured decoration
- Regency-style fireplace containing a print of Queen Victoria and her family
- Original counter with panelled bays divided by fluted pilasters
- Fully functioning brass water-dispenser for diluting spirits
- The Theatre Bar, upstairs, has ornate fittings imported from the Gaiety Theatre about 1958
The Victoria featured on the Evening Crawl of West London in August 2005, the Evening Crawl of Maida Vale and Bayswater in December 2005, the Daytime Crawl of Notting Hill, Kensington and Bayswater in February 2008, and the Buzzing About: Evening Crawl of Bayswater in December 2014.